In this week’s episode since this is the first week in October, it is mental health awareness week. It is perfect that we continue this theme of suicide prevention and incorporate our own mental health awareness. I discuss wearing mental “pajamas” and what this looks like in my own life. We can all fall into the rhythm of wearing mental “pajamas”. There is good news though! We can take baby steps to getting out and getting dressed everyday.
If you are experiencing a suicide crisis and need help now! Call or Text the Suicide Lifeline 988. For more about this new hotline number go to this link: 988lifeline.org
- A book that I co-author Make It A Great Day Book: The Choice is Yours
- Best mental health practices could include: meditation, journaling, and being out in nature
- Activities to improve mental health include things like: breathing, pausing, stepping away from whatever task you are doing immediately, and exercising caution. Notice these activities are not physical.
- Just like an athlete, you need recovery time.
- Don’t take the “all or nothing” approach to your mental health. Every little bit helps!
Connect with Crystal Partney: